Sunday, May 16, 2010

1 year and counting













Hello everyone! I have to apologize. . .I thought for sure I had already posted CJ's 1st birthday pictures. Turns out I am behind more than I thought!
We spent CJ's birthday with Grandma and Grandpa Bavlnka then spent the next day with Grandma and Grandpa Moll. There were cupcakes, presents and toys galore. CJ was very unsure about getting messy with his cupcakes, and when his hands and face were covered with frosting and cake he got a little uneasy. He hated his bath that followed (we're still working on bath time) but had fun opening presents after that. All-in-all it was a good day. Not to mention that the day BEFORE his birthday, he decided to take his first steps! He quickly became a pro at walking and hardly ever wants to do anything else. By now, he's so independent that he won't ever hold our hands or let us help him. The way he walks is pretty cute. . .his holds his hands up in the air (for balance, I guess) at about shoulder level.
We've been doing swimming lessons at the YMCA together, and he's gone from being quite scared to being excited when he sees the pool. He hates the life jacket, though, and cried the whole time he had to wear it at lessons.
The other pictures posted are from this weekend at the NEW Zoo in Green Bay. We actually got to feed the giraffes, though I had more fun than anyone else, it seemed. It was pretty cool. CJ is still a little young to enjoy the zoo, but we had fun anyway. We are looking forward to going to the Milwaukee Zoo sometime this summer.
Cliff is done for the semester and has survived his first year of teaching at UWO. He's looking forward to a little more free time this summer, but has 2 research projects to work on.
Nothing new with me. Life is good but uneventful except in anything CJ related for me. I am working a little and getting a little more comfortable with my new job, but that's about it.
Looking forward to our upcoming party with the Bavlnkas. . .most of that side of the family has not met CJ yet! It's also been a long time since I have seen anyone. . .It should be fun.
Well, I better wrap this up, CJ is getting antsy. I miss you all and hope everyone is well!


No comments: